Monday, April 26, 2010

My New Love: Sony Cybershot Tx7



After months and months of researching and deliberating over which new digital camera to buy, I finally made the splurge yesterday and purchased myself a Sony Cybershot Tx7 in Rouge Red. This little compact camera caught my attention over the more popular Canon IXUS range mainly for ability to capture great quality shots without sacrificing its ultra sleek design (integral lens and sliding front cover). I have only had this camera for one day and let me tell you now, it is definitely one hell of an eye-turner. Good work Sony for raising the bar so high this time around.



For those of you who don't know much about the Sony Tx7... it is a beautiful brushed-aluminium 3.5" touchscreen point-and-shoot digital camera with outstanding capabilities for shooting in low light. It features the Exmor-R CMOS 10.1MP sensor, stereo mics, 25mm wide-angle lens and allows full HD videorecording in 1920x1080 pixel resolution. That's not all - this Sony camera is compatible with SD/SDHC memory cards (in addition to MemoryStick Duo), allows zooming during video, takes 10fps action shots and has a huge touchscreen interface that is very easy to use. This is all improved from the Sony Cybershot Tx1 that I had planned to buy last December... I'm so glad I waited it out!

As you can imagine, I spent most of today playing around with the functions on this camera and I was absolutely delighted with the results. The photos were all clear, rich and accurate in colour and the video quality was superb. If you are looking to purchase a new compact camera for yourself that is intuitive, looks great and comes with all the bells and whistles... this sleek little beauty is definitely one you should check out. It's a tad expensive, but will capture all your moments (with its impressive turn-on and shutter times). You won't be disappointed :)