Sunday, November 29, 2009

Etsy Love: French markets and shabby ornaments


In lieu of my huge love for handmade and vintage goods, I have decided that every Sunday will be the day I share some of my favourite Etsy finds for the week - selected from a very, very long list of talented and dedicated sellers. It excites me to think that there exists such a big community of individuals who not only share my love for handmade items but actually serve to fuel this unhealthy obsession of mine!


First up on my list this week is an item that positively made me squeal with delight when I saw it. Not sure if anyone else was the same but as a child I was absolutely certain I would grow up and become a teacher. That was all I wanted to do. Oh, if only I had this back then! You can make this adorable elephant chalkboard yours, available at oldcrowfarm.


Next, for a girl like me who is forever losing bobby pins -- this is the perfect solution! These flower pins are made from layers of silky black satin and a faux pearl bead. They sure are darling and too gorgeous to misplace! Available in other colours as well at dandyapple's store.



Following on I want to talk about wickedpen's amazing store, which I discovered a few days ago and have been dreaming of non-stop ever since. This is why...
Imagine an attic filled with books, birdcages, costume jewelry and old linens. Antique trunks overflowing with dresses, photos, maps, advertisements. The delightful decadence of clawfoot bathtubs and love letters. The simple pleasures of dusty libraries and thrift stores. An indie press and design studio, we offer a lovely selection of everyday indulgences for mind, body, and home. From handmade books, paper goods, art, and accessories, to lovely vintage finds and luscious bath & body creations, all of our items arrive attractively packaged and perfect for gifting.
This holiday season there are sooo many items from wickedpen's store on my list but two of my favourites are pictured above: a shabby mushroom bird perched on a vintage spool wound with old book pages (a little something pretty for my Christmas tree) and a set of gourmet soaps that I know will smell absolutely divine. Who doesn't want to smell like grapefruit, raspberry creme, japanese pear, ginger peach, pomegranate, cherry almond and apricot & oatmeal? These fruit scents are perfectly me.


And finally, for baking enthusiasts like myself -- I found this vintage mini pie tart tin -- tarnished and scratched but in perfect condition to serve as a decorative piece. Visit AlicesLookingGlass for more details if this takes your fancy.

So, that's all for this week folks! To those of you who celebrated Thanksgiving (not a tradition to Down Under), hope it was a happy and joyful occasion. And to all my ever loyal readers, I wish you lots of love and laughter, always.

See you tomorrow for another week and don't forget to tune in next Sunday for more Etsy love! xx

0 kisses ♥:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message!