Monday, November 16, 2009

wonderful.




My dearest and loveliest blog readers,

First off - how are you all? I know it's been a good two months since I last posted an entry here, some of you are probably sitting there in disbelief that I'm still around, right? ;) Well I truly want to apologise for not keeping you up to date more often during this time. Since September I have been incredibly busy preparing for the new changes that will take place in my life next year and I know it's not an excuse, but I would like to offer an explanation because you all deserve to be kept in the loop.

As you know, I am and have always enjoyed being a uni student: learning new things, expanding on my skills, the chance to meet others who also share a passion for improving and changing the lives of others... well in a few weeks that all changes because I am finally graduating! I cannot tell you how excited I am about this for it is a moment that I have been awaiting since I left high school (back then, all I wanted to do was to grow up)! What is even more unbelievable is that even before my grad I already have a job lined up :D I was offered a place a few weeks ago which means I have stopped stressing about my near future unlike my other friends who are still searching for employment. As you can probably tell, I am elated by this and so relieved that my hardwork has paid off!



So it's been two busy months of job applications, finishing writing up my thesis, completing placements, attending interviews... waiting nervously by the telephone pondering the uncertainty of Future and what it could hold, comforting others, listening, encouraging, believing, hoping, discovering... and all I can say is what a journey it has been! Certainly one of personal growth and professional development; of quiet moments and busy moments; of realisation and laughter; of utter joy and sadness; most of all..... of excitement and of looking forward to this next and brand new chapter. If anything, I just hope I can be of some inspiration to those of you who are busy with studies right now. Don't give up hope!




While most things have been settled now and I'm nearing the final days of being a student, I still feel like I'm spinning from this unrelenting and ever-so-strong whirlpool that I lost myself in. A part of me still can't believe... despite a bigger part of me feeling optimistic again. I probably just need some time to catch myself. I encourage you to do the same too.

Speaking of which, can you believe it is already mid-November? Less than 3 weeks until Summer and 6 weeks until my b'day and Christmas Day? Where has the time gone?! I cannot fathom what celebrations will be instore for me once my final exam is done and dusted..... Icecream, beach trips, summer dresses, days in the deliciously cool water of the pool and evenings chasing fireflies. Allowing the words of others to take my afternoon thoughts away. In other words, Bliss. . .




1: design is mine; 2: paisley st. claire;
3: Maggie and Zac's handmade fall wedding;
4: sweet & low; 5: seasawdesigns; 6: futureesq

0 kisses ♥:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message!