Monday, December 27, 2010

Now that it's Over...



It is hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone once again.

Each year, time seems to fly by quicker and quicker. Might it be because my life is getting busier, with more things to do in the day and less time to procrastinate? Perhaps I'm a happier person now, content with where I am in the whole scheme of things - aware of my goals, proud of my achievements and just enjoying what I do.

Regardless, the build up leading to Christmas and the actual excitement of celebrating the occasion with loved ones always leaves me feeling very reflective. What were the good things that happened to me this year? What would I like to have changed? What do I want to achieve in the coming 12 months?

2010, I'm thankful to you for...
Making the transition from student to employed life so smooth and easy
Giving me the opportunity to meet so many amazing people through work.
Surrounding me with such a supportive group of colleagues
Sending me away from home for an extended period of time: testing my independence and teaching me to appreciate.
Allowing me to be in the right place at the right time to come across someone who has forever changed the way in which I act and think and be.
Good health, keeping safe, happy days, to be able to dream and have the courage to seek.

2011, I hope...
That you continue to bless me and allow me to achieve all the things in which I strive for: to do my best at work, be the best friend I can be and to continue supporting those who love me.
That I can make my little contribution to this world and give back what I have taken. I want to donate to charities, do volunteer work. I want to teach others and never stop learning.
To never forget these three words and their meanings.

Hope.......... wishing that something would happen
Faith.......... believing something will happen
Courage..... making something happen